A rapidly growing design and build company that prides themselves on making a project look amazing by being creative and giving the space purpose. They have been established for 4 years and are currently expanding to exceed the requirement of their very loyal and growing customer base.
To add significant value to the administration and accounts function of the business and to support the MD with various duties. Candidates must be extremely organised, possess excellent communication and numerical skills and be able to work on their own initiative and as part of a small, extremely dedicated team. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential and knowledge of Zero accountancy package would be a distinct advantage. Exposure or experience of working in a construction related environment would also be very beneficial for this position.
This is a part time position, anticipated to be 12-14 hours a week. Due to the nature of the projects being worked on, candidates will be flexible regarding the working hours during the week. This will be a home-based position and all the tools to undertake the duties of the role will be provided. To ensure excellent communication ideally our client is looking to employ someone located close to Whitstable. This is a great opportunity to add value and be a vital part of a very creative and expanding business.
• Undertake book keeping duties, ensuring the accountancy systems are up to date and reconciled
• Process weekly payroll for the small team
• Process quarterly VAT returns in a timely and efficient manner
• Liaise with the company accountant, ensuring all is accurate and up to date
• Support in the purchasing of materials, endeavouring to secure the most cost-effective supplier whilst adhering to required timeframes
• Working with the Managing Director on the financial analysis of current and future projects, ensuring maximum profits are achieved
• Other adhoc duties as required to support a very successful growing business