ParkerSteel is one of the largest steel stockholders & processors in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown due to our investment in technology and our staff. At the heart of our business is ensuring our staff are motivated, engaged and developing. All our staff members undergo continuous training and development programmes to help them gain new skills, recognised certificates and the opportunities to further their career with us. As well as free training and development opportunities, all our staff have access to a great variety of high street and online discounts via our PerkBox staff scheme.
With this in mind, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive, self-motivated individual to join our busy Finance Department as a Credit Controller due to expansion in the team. The role will work alongside 4 other credit controllers reporting to the Credit Control Supervisor. You will work on a rota basis during the hours of 0800-1800 Monday to Friday.
You will be responsible for obtaining payment of debt and ensuring that all overdue accounts are actively chased by actively contacting customers. Other aspects of the role include dealing with customer credit limits, processing credit card transactions and opening credit accounts.
Skills and Experience
The Successful candidate will:
• Have previous Credit Control experience within a busy credit control team
• Have strong negotiation, influencing and communication skills, with the ability to build a rapport with clients over the telephone
• Be comfortable handling difficult debtors on the telephone
• Be highly organised and efficient
• Be an excellent team player
• Have a proven ability to work under pressure and have the ability to work in a fast paced organisation
• Possess strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft office as well as excellent written and communication skills
• Company Pension
• Life insurance
• Perk box
• Employee discounts scheme at Parker Tools