Working for a leading commercial vehicle dealer providing sales, parts and servicing for DAF Trucks, LDV light commercial vehicles and vans in the South-East where you will have opportunities to further your career with a structured manufacturer offering technical training and support.
Our client is recruiting in two locations, currently in Ashford and Strood on both day and night shift, offering a very competitive salary with good benefits.
Key responsibilities include:
• Test vehicles and diagnose faults
• Recognise and report vehicle/component defects or symptoms of impending failure
• Service, adjust and repair vehicles/components
• Complete job records
• Order replacement parts
Skills, know-how and experience required:
• Previous experience in mechanics (preferably heavy vehicle)
• Qualification in vehicle maintenance and repair (preferably heavy vehicle) e.g. City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3
• Driving licence (preferably HGV)
• Computer literate
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Team player and ability to use own initiative
• Literacy and numeracy skills
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving skills
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.