Go Produce are currently recruiting for 2 x Logistics Supervisor who will be responsible for the overall logistic functions and planning of all despatch activities on our clients site. You will be responsible for driving accuracy, productivity, and performance to the highest level by efficiently managing the logistics functions.
As a Logistics Supervisor you will be responsible for the day to day running of the loading bay, including the logistics and yard staff ensuring transport requirements and procedures are adhered to at all times.One of the key responsibilities associated with this role is to ensure safety, legality, and quality requirements are met throughout the various logistic processes and to ensure that processing, assembly, pallet preparation and chiller areas are managed in accordance with company H&S and technical policies.
Salary £25-£27k dependant upon experience
Position 1 - is on days working a 4 on 3 off shift pattern 12 hours shifts 4.30am - 4.30pm will incude some weekend cover.
Position 2 - is on nights working 5 on 2 off shift pattern 9 hours per night 9.00pm - 06.00am
Key Responsibilities will involve:
* Managing the loading of vehicles, completing finish stocks, loading bay and chiller areas.
* Planning and scheduling the delivery of goods.
* Liaising with 3rd party and customer hauliers on delivery/collection times.
* Ensure checks are carried out on vehicles for suitability including hygiene inspections before loading/unloading.
* Ensure specific customer security requirement relating to product transportation are adhered to.
* Ensure depot delivery time slots are not missed. Communicate clearly and regularly any anticipated delay to the Production/ Operations Manager.
* You will be in charge of HGV vehicles on site, forklift movements in yard, pedestrian trucks and general upkeep of the operating and loading areas.
* Identifying key transport costs/ savings and/or suggestions and ideas.
* Manage all supply chain activities.
* Must consider capacity and planning ahead accordingly.
* Ensure the full implementation of good manufacturing practices (GMP), and ?CLEAN AS YOU GO? is in operation across the whole site.
* H&S (Daily accidents, near misses)
* Food safety ( Non-conformances, Customer Complaints )
* Staff Punctuality and Attendance (Daily check of Mitre-Finch)
* Cost (Punnet cost per person)
Key Skill and Experience Requirements
* First Aid Certificate & Fire Marshall trained (advantageous)
* Continuous improvement mind set, daily search for ways to improve performance and efficiency.
* Good communication skills (Written, spoken and listening)
* Good delegation and inspection, able to instruct and follow up on requests from Senior Management.
* Team work, able to work and liaise with others to ensure team goals are successfully achieved.
* Good Emotional control (EI)
* Good numerical and literacy levels
* Good IT and database/ system skills
* The role involves some manual handling and the ability to withstand working in cold storage conditions on a daily basis
* The role requires an alert disposition, working in the vicinity of PPT and moving machiner
In the first instance to be considered for this role please forward your CV and covering letter to [email protected] and confirm your availability to attend an interview