Not logged in to Jobsinkent.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Senior Quantity Surveyor
UP to £60
Hays Specialist Recruitment Ltd
Your new company
Looking for an opportunity to shine in a thriving, award-winning multidisciplinary consultancy? Your journey starts here!
With a vibrant presence across 6 offices in the South of England and a dynamic North hub in Manchester, this practice is buzzing with success. Join as a Senior Quantity Surveyor, a role that's all about owning your projects and making a mark, your work will span the exciting spectrum of construction projects. Expect diverse challenges and opportunities that will take you across the region, ensuring no two days are the same.
Due to continued success they are looking to appoint a Senior Quantity Surveyor, the successful candidate will be required to act on behalf of both public and private sector clients across a complete range of projects. Limited travel will be expected to be undertaken across the region to fulfil the requirements of the role and the diverse range of work.
Your new role
You will be generally working within the strong QS team reporting to the Associate QS Manage key local commissions independently, Duties will include;
* Participate in design team meetings with reporting and advice to clients.
* Quality checks on junior members of staff
* Document management in accordance with QA procedures
* Preparation of cost advice in accordance with RICS guidance notes (including order of cost estimates, viability reports, reinstatement cost assessments formal cost plans, cash-flow forecasts, life cycle and whole life costs, etc.)
* Preparation of tender documentation and administration of tender process'
* Preparation of contracts
* Post-contract cost management (e.g., administering change control processes, valuing variations, assessing contractor's claims)
* Preparing valuations for progress payments
* Preparation of post contract cost reports,
* Preparation of final accounts
* Attend and chair site meetings.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate should be Chartered or have suitable experience with an understanding of the commercial aspects of construction.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual.
All applicants must hold a full UK driving licence.
What you will get in return
Join a dynamic consultancy with excellent progression opportunities.
* Regular and committed training and CPD opportunities.
* Competitive Salary
* Private Healthcare
* Excellent enhanced pension scheme
* Enhanced sick pay scheme (including long-term sickness insurance)
* Access to 24/7 counselling through our employee assistance helpline
* Exclusive restaurant, travel, and retail discounts.
* Access to free independent 1 to 1 financial advice
* Flexible working including homeworking where appropriate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.