Not logged in to Jobsinkent.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
£35000 - £40000
West Malling, Kent
Cobb & Jones Recruitment
Project Accountant (12 months FTC) | West Malling/Hybrid | £35-40K
A business services organisation, has a need for a Project Accountant to join their busy team. You will support the Senior Management Accountant to build new reporting models, ensuring that we are recognising revenue according to our internal processes. You will require excellent Excel skills and in-depth knowledge of sumif’s, pivot tables and vlookups along with double entry bookkeeping when entering journals, accruals and prepayments. The ideal candidate will also require budgeting experience and be able to communicate with budget holders and project managers. The organisation currently offer a Hybrid working environment with 1 day a week in the office.
Main Duties include:-
• Review invoices raised against accrued income, defer revenue, and add to defer list.
• Review credit notes raised in the month to confirm if there is a charge to the ledger.
• Reconciliation of AR invoices - Ensure split of revenue, resource, and materials to correct products.
• Deferred Income journals to be managed and uploaded.
• Accrued income journal to be managed and uploaded.
• Charging sheet and TEP reports upload to the system – Create invoice in the system and upload journal provided.
• Reconciliation on each live project for resource works to date and any associated hardware and costs uploading journals to system.
• Updating resource reconciliation file after month-end in-order for the project team to keep a track of revenue taken against each project.
• TEP reports take everything charged to E01 and journal to the project/services provided.
• Order management service - Reconciliation of revenue due (AR & AP)
• New business/VOIP reconciliation
• Review ledger and accrue as per forecasting update spreadsheet.
• Hardware reconciliation ensure all costs are covered by revenue.
• Create a P&L
• Provide sales charges raised information
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Studying towards AAT qualification but not essential
• Experience working within a Finance position
• Good Excel skills essential – must be able to understand and write SUMIFS, PIVOTS, LOOKUPS and build spreadsheets using formulas.
• Good understanding and experience of double entry bookkeeping.
• Good organisational skills with the ability to meet fixed deadlines whilst maintaining quality standards.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
Should you have the skill set and experience required please contact Joanne
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.