Not logged in to Jobsinkent.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Hays Specialist Recruitment
Your new company
Quantity Surveyor is required following the continued expansion for this Sussex based Main Contractor. Working on projects form £1m to £8m and looking to further expand and extend their operations, they work on sectors including - commercial, education, heritage, housing and retrofit - working closely with their clients and site teams to achieve high quality building projects completed to reasonable and achievable timescales. They are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor who aspires to excellence and professionalism, and who wishes to look ahead to their future career progression
Your new role
To oversee all commercial aspects of a project from start to completion, typically on 3 or 4 live projects at any one time. Working predominately with the JCT contracts and reporting into the Operations Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills plus intermediate numeracy analytical & problem-solving skills
* Good negotiation skills and effective in meetings
* A professional attitude
* Good working experience of JCT
* Experienced in payment terms, payment notices, contract protocol and matters associated with delays and extensions of time.
* Be skilled in subcontract procurement
* Able to deliver CVRs on a monthly basis to the board and be responsible for all aspects of commercial reporting and procedures.
* Have a very strong teamwork ethos.
* 7+ year experience in similar role
What you'll get in return
* Competitive salary - dependent on experience - so please contact me with your salary expectations
* Opportunity for career advancement with a long term view to career progression opportunities in the future.
* Working with a professional and friendly company who have excellent supplier and sub-contractor relationships and who build to reasonable and achievable timescales.
* Standard pension
* 23/4 days holiday + bank holidays
* Support for training and development within the company
* Working with a company committed to encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.