Not logged in to Jobsinkent.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Internal Auditor - Insurance
£35k - £45k
Cobb & Jones Recruitment
Internal Auditor | Kent/WFH with travel | £35k - £45k
We are working in partnership with an insurance group in Kent that are looking to appoint an experienced Internal Auditor on a permanent basis. The majority of this role will be working from home, however 20% of your time will include travelling to different sites across the UK.
Reporting into the Internal Audit Manager you will be required to perform audit assignments in accordance with the organisations internal audit methodology, this includes planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow up.
To be considered for this role you must have general insurance/financial services Internal Audit experience.
The main responsibilities include:-
• Document understanding of business processes in process narratives and/or flow charts.
• Identify key risks and controls within processes and provide risk assessment.
• Perform audit testing to evaluate control design and operational effectiveness.
• Experience of contributing/leading an audit from planning stage to issuance of final report.
• Develop effective working relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
• Prepare/contribute insightful audit reports that are clear, concise and value-add.
• Contribute purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge through sound, independent judgement and common sense.
• Undertake Follow-Up reviews on agreed actions to provide assurance to the Audit Committee that management agreed actions are implemented within the agreed timescales.
• To undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as required by the Group Head of Internal Audit.
• Maintain technical competence by ongoing training, continued professional development and seek development opportunities and apply new knowledge to daily work assignments.
What you will need
• At least one year general insurance/financial services Internal Audit experience – either in broking, insurance or Lloyd’s;
• Achieved a relevant professional qualification or studying towards (Part Qualified) (ACA, ACCA, CMIIA, ACIS, CIA, PQIA);
• Experience of reviewing and analysing operational processes and controls;
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and use own initiative with a positive can-do attitude;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills;
• An analytical and problem solving mindset with an attention to detail; and
• Knowledge of risk management, regulatory and governance requirements.
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills;
• Able to apply a pragmatic proportional approach;
• Works well under pressure;
• Attention to detail; and
• Act as an ambassador for the department in promoting the value of work undertaken whenever possible.
• Ability to travel within the UK (approximately 20%).
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.