Not logged in to Jobsinkent.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Buyer - Far East
Up to £30000 per annum + plus benefits
Erith, Greater London
Premier Recruitment Group
Premier Recruitment Group has the privilege to recruit on behalf of our very prestigious client based in Erith, Kent. We are recruiting for experienced and forward thinking Buyer - Far East. This is full time and permanent position and working for very well established company. Very interesting and varied role with a scope for progression.
Purpose of the Role
We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Buyer to be responsible for processing purchase orders for Asia suppliers, tracking orders, managing forecast on inventory system, ensuring compliance by supplier on quality and social responsibility. The buyer will work with other departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
Also, the buyer is required to analyse and initiate projects for continuous improvement with suppliers and internal process improvement to achieve greater output.
Working closely with other purchasing team members and manage internal stakeholders with the operations team, quality team, Hong Kong (HK) office, the product development team, the sales team and other office staff.
* Responsible for portfolio of products and suppliers (in Asia), for on time in full delivery of technically compliant products.
* Facilitate evaluation of supplier responses (through HK office) with other internal stakeholders and formalise selection and outcome ensuring actions closed prior to order placement.
* Negotiation with suppliers through the HK team regarding pricing, lead time and commercial terms, ensuring budget, compliance, and commercial robustness.
* Timely placement of PO and expediting in accordance with inventory system. Updating POs with changes as necessary.
* Facilitation of problem resolution including but not limited to invoice, technical and quality issues.
* Manage supplier relationships and facilitate supplier meetings through the HK team ensuring all reports and actions are formalised and followed through.
* Validating supplier metrics and verifying reasons for non-compliance and driving supplier improvement activity where metrics are now consistent/acceptable.
* Supporting other parts in the purchasing function where necessary. Admin support to help with the general running of the of the purchasing function.
* Effective communication with the company's HK office, with regards to supplier management.
* Assist the Purchasing Manager to develop a high-performance supply chain, that meets or exceeds company strategic aims.
Required Work Experience
* Previous purchasing experience within a diverse worldwide supply environment is a must.
* Experience dealing with the Far East is essential.
* Candidates speaking Cantonese or Mandarin would be an advantage but not a necessity.
* Proven track record in supplier management and delivering cost/efficiency savings.
* Capable of managing own workload and confident in liaising at all levels within the business.
* Strong computer skills and proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Good knowledge of MRP, ideally in slim4 and SAP.
* Ability to evaluate and negotiate standard commercial terms.
* Strong commercial awareness.
* Flexible attitude and a team player.
* Proactive, self-motivated with a desire to get things done.
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
* Excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
* High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
If you are interested please kindly apply directly or contact directly Tom Kurczab at Premier Recruitment Group
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.