Not logged in to Jobsinkent.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Finance Officer - Education (Kent)
£22000.0 - £28000.0 per annum + £22,000 - £28,000 per annum
Hays Specialist Recruitment Ltd
Your new company
A leading independent educational and boarding provider. The school enjoys an ever-growing reputation, both locally and further afield, for the quality of its teaching and care.
Your new role
The Finance Officer will actively contribute towards the finance team, along with the whole ethos and objectives of the school.
* Maintaining a School Purchase ledger.
* Maintaining a School Fee ledger includes preparation of fee billing and updating as required.
* Preparing all supplier invoices and credit notes for payment following authorisation in line with policy.
* Ensure all invoices are correctly approved and suppliers are paid within agreed payment terms.
* Liaising with Heads of Department and suppliers over payment of invoices where necessary.
* Self-employed supplier review and payments.
* Process and input staff expenses.
* Reconciliation and input of direct debits
What you\'ll need to succeed
* Experience of working in a busy finance office or accountancy firm.
* Experience of budgetary and financial management issues.
* The ability to effectively use financial packages.
* Excellent standard of numeracy and literacy.
* Effective use of Microsoft office software, including email, outlook, word and excel.
What you\'ll get in return
* 20 Days + Bank Holiday
* 10% pension
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.