Not logged in to Jobsinkent.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Finance & Commercial Director
£110000.00 - £125000.00 per annum
Hays Specialist Recruitment Ltd
Finance Director - West Kent
Your new company
You will work for an exciting organisation in West Kent. The Finance Director role is a full time and permanent position.
Your new role
* Direct and control multiple teams of diverse functions to ensure that they are motivated and appropriately developed so that they carry out their responsibilities to support the business to the required standard.
* Contribute to the strategic direction of the business using your expertise and knowledge of Finance and other business support areas to ensure achievement of the company's business objectives
* Maintain strong financial controls whilst allowing the business to function effectively
* Ensure excellent governance, risk management and compliance whilst allowing the business to function effectively
* Manage internal and external audit programmes to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulations
* Plan and execute strategic initiatives to agreed timelines.
* Monitor external contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively
* Ensure a relevant level of technical understanding with continuous development and training.
* Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the company meets its financial and legal obligations
* Act as Company Secretary
* Forge strong relationships with key stakeholders
What you'll need to succeed
* Relevant professional financial qualifications (ACMA, ACA or ACCA)
* Extensive senior level accountancy experience
* Proven ability to manage at the executive level in an SME business
* Exceptional commercial acumen and business knowledge
* Persuasive and effective influencing skills
* Accurate with a high level of attention to detail
* Tact and assertiveness when dealing with both internal colleagues and third parties
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
* Capability to adjust management style to individual needs and circumstances
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.