Not logged in to Jobsinkent.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Subject Leader for Art
£166 - £221 a day
Orpington, Greater London
Supply Desk ltd
Subject Lead for Art – Bromley
Main Pay scale up to M6 with TLR – Full-time – September 2023
Supply Desk is currently recruiting for a Subject Leader for Art and Design for a full-time role in September. This role is on a temp-to-perm basis and shortlisting for this positon is happening now, with interviews happening at the earliest convenience for the right candidate.
This role is at a mainstream comprehensive school in Bromley, graded GOOD by Ofsted.
They want students to have a strong character and be aspirational. The virtues they hope to nurture in the students are many, but in particular these: faith, hope, love, wisdom, courage and kindness.
They want to develop students to be hard-working and thoughtful individuals who care for themselves and others. Rigorous academic skills and a strong work ethic need to go hand in hand with compassion and empathy in the character of a student. These virtues are shared human virtues that can be embraced by all, whether religious or not. Students will develop and strengthen their character through their journey together at the school, so that when they leave, they do so as young adults equipped with virtues that will support them for life. They will have received an education that has nurtured them into becoming well-rounded individuals that have strong characters that enable them to live ‘life in all its fullness.’
This opportunity is perfect for an experienced teacher looking to make the next step in their career.
Benefits of working with Supply Desk
• Dedicated team of experienced Consultants, all committed to ensuring excellent service and communication
• Competitive rates of pay
• Ongoing CPD courses offered
• Termly networking events
• Teaching the Art and Design Curriculum to A-Level
• Keeping up to date with the latest updates on the curriculum
• Delivering CPD on subject knowledge
• Providing Mentorship to members of the team
• Delegating and prioritizing responsibilities across the department
• Liaising with Technicians to ensure the department is fully stocked and has the appropriate resources
• Planning and Marking responsibilities
• Attending staff meetings, parent’s evenings and inset days
The Ideal Candidate
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Must have previous experience teaching UK Art and Design curriculum
• Have previous experience teaching Art to A-level
• Prior experience as a Head of Department is highly desirable but not essential
• Must be DBS checked (Enhanced DBS preferable)
Please call Drew on 01227 450 995 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org today to find out more about this role and the other long term supply opportunities available. For a full list of our current vacancies visit www.supplydesk.co.uk
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.
Supply Desk is an equal opportunities employer and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.