£23,000 - £28,000
Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant to join a high performing, ambitious and dynamic Law firm based in heart of Tunbridge Wells, undergoing an exciting period of expansion!
The Accounts Administrator will play a key role in completing transactional finance operations to include Accounts Payable, billing processes (Accounts Receivable) and credit control. In addition, you will provide support to the Directors, assisting in the production of monthly management information. You will be a proactive individual who is keen to identify efficiencies and ensure processes are followed.
Ultimately, they are seeking someone with some basic accounts experience, whether that be from a previous role or though studies and with a willingness and eagerness to learn. You should also not be afraid to roll your sleeves up and help with any other admin duties as needed within the office.
What will you be doing on a daily basis?
• Checking the Accounts inbox responding to all queries within 24 hours.
• Acting as first point of contact for any Accounts incoming telephone calls.
• Completing the cycle of reporting on Work-in-Progress (WIP), generating Billing Guides for Lawyers and HR Consultants, raising invoices and time breakdowns.
• Handling all aspects of Credit Control including debt chasing and sending statements ensuring that processes are adhered to.
• Posting transactions to the Accounting databases to accurately maintain the Sales and Purchase Ledger and organising payment runs for authorisation.
• Processing inter-company transfers for apportioning time and cost across the Group businesses.
• Completing Bank Reconciliations on a daily basis
• Providing reports on debtor days.
• Setting up new clients/suppliers.
• Providing information for monthly financial reports for management.
• Answering phone calls into the office and dealing with client enquiries.
• Providing general admin support to the Lawyers and HR Consultants.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Ability to multitask and respond to changing needs in a fast paced environment.
• Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
• Experience in a similar role or some basic finance experience through studies.
• Good knowledge of Word/Excel and PowerPoint with an understanding of Mail Merge and using Excel formulas.
• Able to take on board information quickly and efficiently.
• Skilled in managing multiple projects, competing demands and stakeholders.
• Excellent communicator (both written and verbal).
• Strong organisation skills and ability to prioritise.
Salary & Benefits
Offering a highly competitive salary depending upon experience, in addition to:
• A workplace pension.
• Private medical insurance.
• A health cashback plan which also covers dependent children under the age of 18.
• Group Life Insurance.
• A discretionary performance related bonus scheme.
• 25 days holiday (full time) per year, plus Bank Holidays in England.
• Your birthday off work
This is a fantastic role, based within a friendly and social team that have a highly nurturing and supportive ethic. An award winning firm with great progression potential as you desire!
Don’t miss out!
Contact Harriet at TN Recruits NOW to find out more and forward your CV for consideration!
01892 571 105
In application for this role, you are consenting to TN Recruits Ltd retaining your details to secure you work. All information provided will be held securely for up to 3 years unless we are contacted and instructed otherwise.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.