Assistant Site Manager
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + full package of benefits
Brighton and Hove, Sussex
Hays Specialist Recruitment
Assistant Site Manager for construction job vacancy permanent
Your new company
One of the UKs most progressive and ambitious National Tier 1 main construction contractors, working across a range of sectors - education, healthcare, industrial, resi, etc - with both private and public sector customers. Employees benefit from a safe and rewarding working environment, on interesting and challenging projects.
Your new role
* Assist with the planning and development of policies and procedures, improvement plans and measures for creating a safe working environment in pursuit of achieving our 100% Safe goal and Perfect Delivery
* Ensure compliance with the Customer's and company's requirements and safety, health, environmental and quality (SHEQ) policies
* Control and coordinate subcontractors ensuring full compliance and adherence to procedures and method statements
* Deputise for the site manager in occasions of absence
* Undertake regular site inspections
* Maintain, complete and report on site quality, inspection and test, waste management and environmental plans
* Contribute to the monitoring of progress at site and prepare and daily weekly progress reports to the site manager
* Assist with the performance and assessment of subcontractors
* Attend regular site progress meetings and prepare instructions to subcontractors and suppliers and evaluate subcontractors' claims for payment
* Coordinate deliveries to the site, ensuring that material supplies are available
* Ensure that technical enquiries are processed accordingly
What you'll need to succeed
* Construction qualifications
* The ability to travel to sites - Full clean drivers licence
* Ideally experience of working on schemes from £10m +
* A good understanding of construction practices and standards,
* Good organisational and supervision skills,
* SMSTS, First Aid, CSCS cards
* Ability to manage a given list of tasks and to work well either alone or as part of a team.
* Enjoy working in an inclusive and hardworking team environment.
What you'll get in return
* £35k to £43k (experience dependant)
* 26 days standard holiday rising to 30 with length of service
* Option to buy 5 days extra holiday per year
* Private medical membership cover with option to pay for additional family member cover
* 4 x annual salary life insurance
* Company pension scheme matched up to 6% of annual salary
* Flexibility for occasional remote working
* Working with a growing and dynamic team of people who are passionate about what they do and enjoy the challenge and pace of work in a hardworking and fun construction environment. -
* An inclusive, supportive and team focused company -
* Opportunity for continued training and a defined career path
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.