Resident Involvement Officer
Up to £29,675 per annum
Hays Specialist Recruitment Ltd
*Hybrid Worker* Resident Involvement Officer needed for local Housing Association in Kent
Your new company
One of Kent's largest Housing Associations are currently recruiting for a Resident Involvement Officer to join their team. The ideal candidate will be someone with a background in Customer Service management/Volunteer management and strong data analysis and event management skills.
This role requires flexibility as there will be some events and meetings that will take place in the evening and occasionally at weekends. Time off in lieu will be given in these instances.
This role requires the post-holder to have their own vehicle for regular travel to a variety of locations across Kent.
Your new role
Supported by the resident involvement manager, and working collaboratively across the organisation you will:
* Support, and lead when required, on the planning, delivery and evaluation of resident involvement groups, projects, and initiatives to ensure the design and delivery of services is co-created or meaningfully influenced by residents.
* Support the development and facilitation of innovative approaches to resident involvement and co-creation, including proactively identifying improvement opportunities.
* Support the resident involvement manager to raise the profile of resident involvement across the business and build positive relationships with teams, supporting them to design, facilitate and evaluate informal and formal consultations with residents.
* Support the resident involvement manager in the delivery of an effective scrutiny function, leading and coordinating the scrutiny panel's work by: - Providing practical and administrative support along with guidance and frameworks to ensure scrutiny panel works effectively and reviews are guided by data and insight, fully scoped, well planned, and evidence based.
- Providing research, data, other relevant information from colleagues and external sources in a timely manner.
- Supporting the panel to write scrutiny reports with clear recommendations
- Supporting the resident involvement manager in recruitment and retention of panel members.
* Explore new ways to engage with residents to ensure involvement is diverse and inclusive
* Support the resident involvement manager and head of service to record and produce reports on resident involvement activities for West Kent's executive team and board.
* Support the resident involvement manager and head of service to monitor and update budget records, to ensure they remain accurate and up to date.
* Support the resident involvement manager with the creation and review of policies, procedures and other documents related to resident involvement.
* Carry out inductions with new members of staff, ensuring they have a comprehensive understanding of resident involvement.
* Internally and externally promote resident involvement opportunities actively and innovatively, using a variety of methods and channels.
* Liaise and connect with partner organisations and other housing professionals to build and strengthen networks and share and improve good practice.
* Attend relevant training and take up role specific learning and development opportunities.
* Represent the client at forums, meetings, and conferences both regionally and nationally.
* Deal with enquiries from residents in accordance with policies and procedures, seeking guidance when necessary.
* Develop a comprehensive understanding of social housing at a regional and national level, and a working knowledge of regulatory frameworks.
* Experience of researching, planning, delivering, and evaluating projects and events.
* The ability to understand performance information and related data.
* Experience and understanding of volunteer management and/or customer engagement.
* Understanding of the value and process for resident or customer involvement in service improvement.
* Excellent organisational and administrative skills and a good eye for detail.
* Excellent communication skills: able to write plain English and engaging material for diverse audiences on a range of platforms.
* Confident in adapting to new technology and systems.
* Ability to challenge positively and bring a solution focus to address issues and improve service delivery.
* Able to manage multiple and competing priorities, seeking direction and support when necessary.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and to be flexible and proactive.
* Confident using Microsoft Office and business specific applications.
* Willingness to develop sector specific knowledge and stay up to date with housing issues and the wider political arena.
Qualifications and skills
* Good standard of general education.
* Previous experience in resident involvement, volunteer management, customer engagement or related discipline.
* Project management or data analysis skills or qualifications would be an advantage.
* Clean driving licence and access to a car
* Data insight or analysis qualification.
* Understanding or experience of the social housing sector and related regulatory frameworks.
* A degree in a related discipline.
Hours per week: 37 8.45 - 5.15 pm Monday to Thursday, 8.45 - 4.45 pm Friday
The expectation regarding hybrid working is that approximately of two fifths of employees working hours each week are spent in the office. We encourage face-to-face team meetings and one-to-ones.
This role requires flexibility as there will be some events and meetings that will take place in the evening and occasionally at weekends. Time off in lieu will be given in these instances. This role requires the post-holder to have their own vehicle for regular travel to a variety of locations across Kent.
DBS check Full DBS check required
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.