Not logged in to Jobsinkent.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
2nd Line Support Engineer
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Pearson Whiffin Recruitment
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to work in my client's diverse and fast paced IT Services Team, based in Dartford.
Working within a friendly team you will be responsible for providing technical support to my client's customers via the telephone and using remote support technology. The role involves diagnosing issues and resolving them, where possible, at first point of contact. You may also have the chance to attend customer sites for onsite support days and installations and be responsible for some account management of our smaller clients.
This role will ideally suit someone who has been working in a 2nd line IT services support role and is able to demonstrate good all-round technical troubleshooting skills. A keen customer focus, combined with excellent communication skills are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
On a day to day basis this will include but is not restricted to:
* Answering technical calls and email queries from customers and analysing, troubleshooting and resolving issues.
* Accountability for resolving escalated issues passed from Associated Helpdesk & Helpdesk level colleagues
* Logging, maintaining, and proactively working on tickets on CRM system
* Meeting deadlines and SLA's for any recurring tasks and reporting the outcomes as appropriate to the Service Delivery Manager.
* Identifying, resolving and escalating recurring issues and improving customer service
* Delivering high standards of customer service through accurate and professional verbal and written communications to a non-technical audience
* Gathering customer requirements and specifications to produce solutions and quotations
* Maintaining customer documentation on a day to day basis and following installations and upgrades
* Liaising with vendors for fault resolution
* Mentoring & supporting associate and helpdesk level analysts
* Collaborating with colleagues as required
* Ensuring up to date knowledge through continual professional development
Essential Qualifications and Experience
GCSEs at grade A - C in English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent).
Minimum 3 years' experience working on an IT helpdesk in a similar role.
Essential Skills and knowledge
* Understanding of fault severity and customer impact
* Understanding of the OSI model, TCP/IP, topologies and physical connections.
* Knowledge of Anti-Virus Products
* Understanding of Microsoft domain model & security principles
* Experience of Microsoft Server products, e.g. Exchange, SQL
* In depth knowledge of servers and PCs
* Understanding of license compliance and anti-piracy measures.
* Comprehensive knowledge of firewalls
* Ability to identify, resolve & suggest preventative measures for phishing, hack attacks, social engineering and malicious intrusion
* Unguided Active Directory, Exchange and Office 365 administration & troubleshooting.
* Working knowledge of back up technologies
* Working knowledge of virtualisation principles
* Ability to translate business needs into practical working solutions & quotations
* Ability to reverse engineer a problem to get to the root cause
* Ability to troubleshoot faults on the above technologies
* Ability to use own initiative
* Effective communication and listening skills
* Ability to build positive working relationships
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Good attention to detail
* Effective time management
* Customer service focused
* Security aware
* A professional manner
* Team Player
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.