Not logged in to Jobsinkent.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Graduate Accounting Assistant
£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
City of London, Greater London
Job: Graduate Accounting Assistant
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Our client is an MGA looking for a Graduate Accounts Assistant to join their team in order to help run the accounts function.
* Accounts payable administration (payments to suppliers' preparation, creation of accounting entries)
* Assistance with month-end process, reporting and bank reconciliation
* Assistance with premium payments to insurers, corresponding with clients and underwriters, posting daily cash receipts, and matching against transactions
* Database reconciliation to ensure data accuracy
* Assistance with Compliance and HR operations
* Ad-hoc support to the Operations Manager and Finance Director for daily tasks and various projects
Key Skills/ Requirements:
* Degree educated with a financial/ accounting degree
* Willing to commence studying towards an account qualification
* Good communication skills
* Basic bookkeeping and /or accounting knowledge
* Keen to learn and develop within Accounts
* Proficient IT skills & and a level of understanding IT to provide support to the business
* Attention to detail and ability to recognise inconsistencies
* Good level of Excel skills
* Experience with an accounting package (preferably Quickbooks or Xero)
* Basic knowledge of insurance and London Market
This role would suit a recent finance/ accounting graduate looking to start their career within an accounts function within the Insurance industry.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.