Junior Underwriter and Administrator - Global Health
City of London, Greater London
Junior Underwriter - Global Health
Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm
Our client is based in the City of London. You can be based anywhere within the Uk as this role will be 100% home working.
They are currently looking for an experienced individual to join their Global Health department as a Junior Underwriter.
An individual with medical or health insurance expertise
Full training will be provided.
This role will include performing underwriting activities and policy administrative duties to support products/schemes managed by the Global Health Team.
* To have a good understanding of each product/scheme handled by the Global Health Team, and the Team's role and responsibilities for each.
* To develop an understanding to a level which allows basic quotations for individual applications on specified products.
* To develop underwriting skills to allow a basic competency to achieve Risk Assessment, Sanction Screening, Application Evaluation for Eligibility, Confirmation of pricing quotation, and essential elements of Medical Screening to include BMI ratios and personal medical histories and to identify cases for referral to Underwriting Manager.
* To develop underwriting skills to enable risk acceptance within the scope and constraints of a Lineslip or Binding Authority.
* Maintain efficient filings of Contracts, Endorsements and Agreements and client folders.
* To develop a working relationship with capacity Underwriters to enable a smooth and efficient referral process for specified risks.
* To assist with compilation of monthly reporting, bordereau receipts/checking/validation and working with the finance team to ensure accurate earnings reporting each month.
* To contribute to new product developments, proof reading of literature/policy wordings as may be required.
* To assist the Underwriting Manager with any other underwriting related task as may be required and within your skillset capabilities, including analysis, research, data aggregation etc.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.